CA PTA JOB DESCRIPTION
In general, the Communications VP and the supporting Chairs/Volunteers promote site PTA activities to the school community via communications through an eNewsletter, parent group emails, website, and Facebook/Social Media.
Additional Resources: http://toolkit.capta.org/job-descriptions/job-description-for-communications/
PTA COMMUNICATION PURPOSE
- Adhere to Palo Alto PTA noncommercial, nonpartisan and nonsectarian policies.
- Inform the community about PTA activities and School functions.
- Express appreciation to those participating in or contributing to programs.
- Foster cooperation with the school in keeping parents informed about school functions, regulations and/or procedures on child-related issues.
When a communication channel is designated as a PTA channel, all content must meet PTA guidelines. More Info: PTA Communication Guidelines
PTA Sites may have one or more persons filling PTA Communication roles and responsibilities
- VP of Communications – elected Board position
- Calendar Keeper
- eNews editor(s)
- Webmaster: WordPress websites
- Social Media, Messaging moderator(s)
PARENT-RUN or STUDENT-RUN COMMUNICATIONS
Several communities have their own separate non-PTA communications. The PTA does not have any responsibility for these channels or what is posted by other parents, OTHER THAN recognizing that if a PTA Board/Chair/volunteer uses those channels, they may be viewed by other parents as representing the PTA.