Stay in touch, reach out. We want to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The goal of Community Outreach is to help your school build connections so that ALL families feel included through:
- Understanding and embracing the uniqueness of all individuals.
Identifying and breaking down barriers that impede children from learning, or families from their full involvement in their children’s education.
- Creating and working together on common goals that focus directly on the needs of the community.
- Include in our active membership a representation of all stakeholders including families from the multitude of ethnic, cultural, religious, economic and social backgrounds residing in the community.
- Advocating for DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion).
- Improve the outreach in all our school sites to serve better.
- Improve the reach of vulnerable families, feeling and targeting their needs to work together on solving the urgent/needed/important first.
- Make Equity awareness a priority.
Short Term Goals
Keep on guiding school sites to create safe spaces for parents to gather, express their thoughts, engage, and belong.
Representatives every school site. Not necessary PTA parents but parents involved in the community. Every other month meetings.
Important to assure translations available especially when communicating sensitive and important information to Parents.
We do more when we do it together. Working together as a team to thrive and achieve more. Touch base with all our allies and target other that could be ideal to team up with.
School District and BEO Board Equity Oversight Committee
Keep working together to find best ways to approach and tackle all the exiting challenges and those that come up.
Leading along with other PTAC officers after a call made on December 13 th 2021, where some community members interested in DEI were invited to join. Setting goals and start with an Action Plan to move toward an impact on the education for parents, students, and community in general.