The Environmental Action Committee works to advocate and support programs that:
- Promote environmental education programs in pre-Kindergarten through higher education including educating students on climate and energy literacy and human sustainability.
- Make schools carbon-neutral and energy-efficient models.
- Eliminate environmental pollutants and prevent new hazards.
- Encourage the use of renewable, sustainable energy and technologies, as well as environmentally healthy land-use policies.
- Promote “reduce, re-use, and recycle” policies.
(Adapted from the 2016 National PTA Environmental Health, Remediation, Sustainability and Climate Change position paper.)
The Committee consists of Green Team (parent, staff and student) leaders at school sites throughout the district. We partner with PAUSD staff, Safe Routes to School, the City of Palo Alto Zero Waste program, GreenWaste of Palo Alto, and others to help us ‘green’ PAUSD.
Questions? Want to join us? firstname.lastname@example.org