- Sets the tone for all PTA activities – We welcome everyone to our community
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the board to run the PTA effectively in accordance with site PTA bylaws and in alignment with the school’s vision and values.
- Host periodic check-in meetings with the Principal to ensure PTA activities are in alignment with School’s vision, values, and needs.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of an executive board to run a PTA effectively. Presides at PTA board and association meetings. Serves as the official contact, communicator and representative of a PTA
- Oversees PTA budget: income/fundraising and expenses/spending. Designated as an authorized signer for PTA checks, contracts and authorizations for payment
- Serves as ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
- Attends PTA Council General Association meetings and PTA Council Presidents meetings
CA PTA Sixth District Training (2022) – President
My PTez Virtual Workshop video
Additional Resources: http://toolkit.capta.org/job-descriptions/president/