California State PTA (CAPTA) is committed to ensuring you have the best possible insurance coverage and service to protect your unit and your members.
Our insurance broker is AIM (Association Insurance Management Inc.), who works to ensure that our PTAs are receiving the best coverage for their premium costs. Coverage features include:
- Broad coverage for events without the need for underwriting or additional premium on a case-by-case basis
- $1 million limit per PTA for Directors & Officers coverage
- Under General Liability, fire damage coverage of $1 million
- No to low deductibles on all included coverages
- Additional activities such as certain types of inflatables, bounce houses and carnivals are included in the standard coverage; however, please consult and follow California State PTA guidelines as outlined in the Toolkit and the Insurance Guide
Please visit the CAPTA site for additional insurance details
- (800) 876-4044 or (214) 360-0801
All contracts for outside vendors must be approved by the General Association and signed by the PTA President.
Each vendor – whose services are hired directly by the PTA – needs to provide 2 pieces of documentation: a certificate of insurance and a hold harmless agreement.
- The vendor’s certificate of insurance (COI) must meet the terms listed below.
- The vendor must complete the Hold Harmless Agreement form and submit to the Chair/VP of the event for their files. http://downloads.capta.org/toolkit/forms/HoldHarmlessAgreement.pdf
There are 2 exceptions to this Vendor Insurance requirements:
1) There is an Approved Vendors List from the CA PTA Insurance company (AIM) : The vendors who are on this list have already provided their insurance documentation and the hold harmless agreement, so we do not need to. http://downloads.capta.org/Leaders/Insurance/Approved_Vendor_List.pdf
2) A parent volunteer or school administration takes on the liability – signs the rental agreements, pays for service/product, and then seeks only reimbursement from the PTA.