Palo Alto PTA Council , in collaboration with BeSmart, the League of Women Voters, Santa Clara County Department of Education, and PAUSD, is launching an awareness campaign
– Keeping Your Home Safe with Secure Storage –
regarding California’s new gun storage and safety legislation.
The new school safety legislation addresses the urgent need to ensure parent and guardian responsibility for safely storing firearms.
Be Smart advocates on Keeping Schools Safe from Gun Violence.
This campaign aligns with the PTA’s purpose of promoting the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, and community, and securing laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
For your use:
- PTAC Firearms Safety Campaign Flyer
- PAUSD Firearm Safety Memorandum
- Be Smart Handout
- California Department of Education School Safety Legislation: Effective July 1, 2023
- CSBA Fact Sheet on School Safety (California School Board Association)
- National PTA Resolution on Violence
- California PTA Revised Firearm Resolution