- Go to school’s Main Office, find PTA/PTSA Mailbox – collect checks
- Go to Bank to deposit checks – okay to lump together, 1 slip per week
- Some banks charge a fee to make a deposit with a (human) teller.
- Keep any documentation that came with the check showing Donor’s name for the next step in MyPTEZ.
- If no information regarding Membership is given by the donor, assume entire amount is for Direct Appeal.
- In PTEZ: “Write a New Receipt”
- The MyPTEZ receipt needs to match the Bank statement – date and amount. The Auditor/Audit committee will be comparing the MyPTEZ record against the Bank statement – any discrepancy will be noted.
- Back date to day of deposit if necessary so it matches with the Bank Statement.
- Make any split needed: Direct Appeal, Membership – Unit, Membership – not Belonging to Unit
4. “Make a Deposit” – ok to group together donations IF made on same day. Back date to day of deposit if necessary so it matches with the Bank Statement.