The FREE iPhone App for people who want to influence legislation with the click of a button.
Speak up for your kids and family with the click of a button! Your voice matters when it comes to how our legislators vote. Stay informed and take action with this FREE PTA Click My Cause App.
- Increase funding for K-12 education (AB 2808). CA schools are funded far below national average (cost-of-living adjusted)
- Pupil suicide prevention and training (AB 2639, Asm Berman)
- Invest in Pre-K education (AB 1754). Every dollar invested in early education saves CA many, many more dollars later
ALL of the Palo Alto PTA Council (CA PTA approved) bills on the Click My Cause app were signed into law by the Governor!!:
- Protected – immigrant students (AB 699). An important step to ensuring no child fears coming to school. School campuses are no places to conduct raids or investigate children.
- Banned – guns in school zones (AB 424)
- Fed – school meals for low income students (SB 138). Hungry children can’t learn.
How it works. The PTA will send you a mobile alert when one of these CA PTA supported issues is up for vote in Sacramento.
- Click 1 opens your mobile alert
- Click 2 sends your pre-populated postcard email to Sacramento (your representatives, the committee hearing the issue, and the Governor).
In addition to receiving alerts, you can create your own postcard. No more looking up your state representatives or writing letters. Use the “contact representative” feature to enter the issue or legislation number and click “send postcard.”
Simply go the App Store and download the Click My Cause App.
- Select the Palo Alto PTA Council as your organization.
- Select “OK” when prompted to allow notifications so PTA can notify you when your voice is needed to influence legislation affecting children and families.
“This app will be a game-changer. I’ve seen the impact voter communication has in Sacramento. In 2009, the Governor proposed cutting all funding for state parks. Voters stopped those cuts by inundating the Governor and legislative offices with communications. This app will make it much easier to communicate in a timely and effective manner.”
Joan Buchanan, former Chair, California Assembly Education Committee
You are encouraged to download the flyers below to share. In just two clicks you can influence 2017 legislation as it is being made.