We, the PAEA Executive Board and PAEA Negotiations Team, are writing at the urging of PAUSD educators regarding the PAUSD reopening plan. We know that reopening our schools in person is what everybody would prefer to do under normal circumstances, but the time we are living in with this pandemic is anything but normal. While we have been negotiating since May in good faith about how to structure a return to school, we have increasing concerns whether this can be done while maintaining the health and safety of our students and staff as this pandemic shows no signs of going away. (https://www.paeacta.org/page/page/8619749.htm)
Palo Alto Council of PTAs Response to PAUSD Statement for School’s Reopening.
Dear PAUSD Parent,
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) continues to push out important information, including the newest FACTSHEETS for YOUNG ADULTS. Please read and share with your teens. Thank you.
COVID-19 One-Stop Shop Toolkits
- Young Adults: Age 15-21
- Childcare Programs and Summer Camps
- Youth Sports
- K-12 Schools
- Business and Workplaces
- Community and Faith-based Organizations
- General Public
- Domestic Travelers
- Shared and Congregate Housing
- Parks and Recreational Facilities
Toolkit for Young Adults: 15 to 21
- Wear a Cloth Face Covering to Protect You and Your Friends [1 MB, PDF]
- Help Protect Yourself and Others from COVID-19 [1 MB, PDF]
- What Your Test Results Mean [1 MB, PDF]
- Slow the Spread of COVID-19 [1 MB, PDF]
- Do it for Yourself and Your Friends [1 MB, PDF]
- Stay Safe at the Pool/Beach [1 MB, PDF]
This information was uploaded Tuesday, July 15th, at approximately 10 pm.