PTA Council Celebrates Black History Month with our community and all California PTAs.
February is Black History Month, and we know that you want to celebrate with your children. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee have given us some great resources to help you in your
school, home, and community.
- This four-part series helps schools teach about black history by giving them resources that focus on aspects of black history and culture that aren’t centered on violence, trauma and struggle.
- This beautiful coloring and activity book called “What We Believe” is available from Black Lives Matter at School.
- Here is a teacher’s resource guide (link broken, sorry) to teaching Black History Month.
- Here is a list of 100 books by or about African Americans for children in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- National PTA has some resources to engage African American families on your school campus– this would be a great month to try one of the activities!